John Hudson Trailers history began in 1959 when John Hudson established the company at Branton. Originally just as an Albion Truck dealer but soon afterwards moved to the current Bawtry site.

In the early days John would deliver new trucks personally and then hitch a lift back to Bawtry after the delivery. The company grew steadily and in the 1970’s became a Leyland Trucks distributor. After the merger with DAF in 1987 the company decided to concentrate on the sales and hire of trailers and was known for many years as Trailer Supermarket. Today the company directors are all family members. 

Photographs showing some of John Hudson Trailers’ history are below.

Specialist Low Loader Trailer Hire & Sales

We buy, sell and rent extendable and non-extending flatlow loader, step frame and urban trailers plus plant, tractor, wing and truss carriers.

The majority of the 600 plus modern trailers on our fleet are made by Broshuis, Dennison, Montracon, and SDC.

We also offer repairs, re-furbishmentHGV DVSA testingsparesservice, test preparation, tachograph calibration and brake analysis. These services are suitable for most trucks, trailers, buses, tractor units, lorries and PSV’s.

Privately owned, John Hudson Trailers Ltd is a family company based in the UK at Bawtry in South Yorkshire. We have been working in the HGV specialist transport industry since 1959 and are members of the Heavy Transport Association.