Our current jet-washer / workshop cleaner is being promoted, leaving a vacancy. Duties include:
- Jet-washing HGV trucks and trailers ahead of test, inspection, service, maintenance, repair and fabrication work.
- Keeping the jet-washing ramps, drains and equipment clean and tidy.
- Monitoring the jet-washing water recycling system.
- Cleaning the floor of our HGV commercial workshop including waste recycling, sweeping, and removing waste liquids.
- Emptying bins, skips, metal bins, and waste oil bowsers in the workshop.
- Regular visual inspection of tools and equipment in the workshop.
- Regular monitoring of workshop sundry supplies (rags, lubricants, etc).
- Initially, you’ll work alongside the current holder of the position, who will help you find your feet in the role.
- You must have a driving licence.
- If you don’t already have a forklift licence, we’ll send you on a recognised forklift training course.
- Pay rate starts at minimum wage but will rise once we are sure you’re right for the job.
- 39 hours per week plus overtime at time-and-a-half.
- 22 days holiday in addition to public holidays.
- Boot allowance and clothing provided.
- We would like to employ someone for the long term.
If you are interested in this position, please email Graham Robbins at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange an initial meeting on site.
Closing date for applications: 16 January 2020